Hot Tubbing, Cinnamon Rolls and Jurassic Park

8 06 2011

Day Three:

     Part One

So, day three of our trip in April was a great day!  We woke up pretty early and landed ourselves in the hot tub during the early morning hours.  After a long soak, we got out and I baked cinnamon rolls to enjoy out on the deck.  I had mine with a large cup of coffee.  Ahh, I can almost feel that sense of relaxation and happiness now.

We had big plans for the day so we hopped in the shower and headed into town.

We made it down the mountain without much excitement, but while on the road towards town we picked up a hitch-hiker.  Not the crazy, just from the prison kind, but a large, large bug with a nasty stinger.  I’m not really sure how he managed to do it, but Chris got the bastard under his Mountain Dew bottle.  I was crawling up the side of the door while Chris was not only driving but managing the situation.  As soon as he could, he pulled off the road into a parking lot and I jumped out of the car to safety.  Chris got him out but he was still moving and seemed pretty mad!

We stopped at the Waterfall (requires its own post) and before dinner at our favorite place (also an upcoming post), we made a quick decision to be ripped off tourists.  We had seen this ride – Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride – before on previous trips.  Once when we were with my parents we almost rode it, but Mom chickened out.  We even stopped to see it up close and talk to the kid at the counter, but once we did that Mom was not okay with the idea of the ride.  During other visits we’ve tried to get Mom to agree to it, but she decided it wasn’t for her.  We should have listened to her. 

Do you see those people checking out the place?  I thought they were either workers or enthusiastic guests for the first few times we passed the place.  Then I was like “weren’t those guys there earlier?”.  And wouldn’t you know, these are not real people!  They’re mannequins. 

Yeah, sometimes Chris wonders how I’m supposed to be so smart too.

So, instead of having another almost moment, we decided to just do it.  It cost about $30 for the two of us.  Really??  We were the only ones on the ride and Chris wanted to sit in the very front, but I was feeling creepy so I made him sit in row two.  The ride started and I was excited but a little uneasy since I had no idea what this thing did.  The building was huge and it was not until we were rolling in the boat that I first thought “holy crap, maybe this thing goes up and splashes down somewhere”. 

The doors opened after a suspenseful wait for the large dinosaur above to screech at us.  Little did we know, that was a pretty good prediction of the entire ride.  Most of the time we sat in the dark waiting for something to light up, jump out or squeal.  Oh, please don’t get me wrong – I was terrified!  Sitting in the dark, alone with Chris in that boat, not knowing what was going to happen, visions of CSI/Lifetime/etc. murders and abductions in carnival rides filling my mind.  Ridiculous, really, but can you really get yourself to stop thinking once you’ve started?  I would have done much better if the ride would have worked properly and I could have been startled by mechanical dinosaurs. 

I’m glad we did it, but I sure hope you don’t!  I won’t be a bit surprised if it’s gone the next time we’re in town.

Dinner was fantastic and you guessed it…back to the cabin for an evening spent in the hot tub!




2 responses

8 06 2011
Kelly Sullivan

You crack me up 🙂

8 06 2011

glad to bring a smile to your face! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: